Personal Information We CollectAs used herein, “Personal Information” means information that identifies or is reasonably capable of identifying an individual, directly or indirectly, and information that is capable of being associated with an identified or reasonably identifiable individual.
Personal Information We Collect from You.We (or our Affiliates) may collect the following categories of Personal Information directly from you:
- Identification Information, such as name, email, phone number, postal address, Wallet address, social media information, and any information that may be legally required, including information required for Know Your Customer (“KYC”) verification purposes such as your social security number;
- Commercial Activity, such as public blockchain data; an
- Correspondence, such as information you provide to us in correspondence, including account opening, customer support, messages, text boxes, other user content, or the like
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card numbers, bank account numbers, wire transfer information, and information connected to digital payment processing services such as Apple Pay or PayPal.
- Personal Information That May Be Collected Automatically. We (or our Affiliates) may collect the following categories of Personal Information automatically through your use of our services:
- Online Identifiers, such as IP address, domain name;
- Device Information, such as hardware, operating system, browser, device name, language preferences;
- Usage Data, such as system activity, internal and external information related to Rarespot pages that you visit, clickstream information; and
- Geolocation Data, such as information about your device's location.
Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties.We may collect and/or verify the following categories of Personal Information about you from third parties:
- dentification Information, such as name, email, phone number, postal address.
- Transaction Information, such as public blockchain data (Bitcoin, Ether, and other digital assets are not truly anonymous. We, and any others who can match your public digital asset address to other Personal Information about you, may be able to identify you from a blockchain transaction because, in some circumstances, Personal Information published on a blockchain (such as your digital asset address and IP address) can be correlated with Personal Information that we and others may have. Furthermore, by using data analysis techniques on a given blockchain, it may be possible to identify other Personal Information about you); and
- Additional Information, at our discretion to comply with legal obligations.
Accuracy and Retention of Personal Information.We take reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your Personal Information held by us is (i) accurate with regard to the purposes for which it is to be used, and (ii) not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which it is to be used.
Minor Personal InformationWe do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Platform, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Platform. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com
How We Use Your Personal InformationWe collect Personal Information about you in an attempt to provide you with the best experience possible, protect you from risks related to improper use and fraud, and help us maintain and improve our Services. We may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with our Services. We use your Personal Information to provide you with our Services pursuant to the terms of our Terms.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements. We process your Personal Information as required by applicable laws and regulations.
- Detect and prevent fraud. We process your Personal Information to detect and prevent fraud, which is especially important given the irreversible nature of cryptocurrency transactions.
- Protect the security and integrity of our Services. We use your Personal Information, including information about your device and your activity on Rarespot to maintain the security of your account and the Rarespot platform.
- Provide you with customer support. We process your Personal Information when you contact our support team with questions about or issues with your account.
- Market our products. We may contact you with information about our Services. We will only do so with your permission, which can be revoked at any time.
- Other business purposes. We may use your Personal Information for additional purposes if disclosed to you before we collect your Personal Information or if we obtain your consent.
How We Share Your Personal InformationWe will never sell, share, rent, or trade your Personal Information with third parties for their commercial purposes. Further, we will not share your Personal Information with third-parties, except as described below:1. Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers for business or commercial purposes, including fraud detection and prevention, security threat detection, payment processing, customer support, data analytics, Information Technology, advertising and marketing, network infrastructure, storage, transaction monitoring. We share your Personal Information with these service providers only so that they can provide us with the services, and we prohibit our service providers from using or disclosing your Personal Information for any other purpose.2. Law Enforcement. We may be compelled to share your Personal Information with law enforcement, government officials, and regulators.3. Corporate Transactions. We may disclose Personal Information in the event of a proposed or consummated merger, acquisition, reorganization, asset sale, or similar corporate transaction, or in the event of a bankruptcy or dissolution.4. Professional Advisors. We may share your Personal Information with our professional advisors, including legal, accounting, or other consulting services for purposes of audits or to comply with our legal obligations.5. Consent. We may share your Personal Information with your consent. If we decide to modify the purpose for which your Personal Information is collected and used, we will amend this Policy.
Direct MarketingSubject to applicable laws and regulations, we may from time to time send direct marketing materials promoting services, products, facilities, or activities to you using information collected from or about you. You may also opt-out of such communications by following the directions provided in any marketing communication. It is our policy to not provide your Personal Information for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Information SecurityNo security is foolproof, and the Internet is an insecure medium. We cannot guarantee absolute security, but we work hard to protect Rarespot and you from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Personal Information we collect and store. Measures we take include encryption of the Rarespot website communications with SSL; periodic review of our Personal Information collection, storage, and processing practices; and restricted access to your Personal Information on a need-to-know basis for our employees, contractors and agents who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Information For Persons Subject To EU Data Protection LawWhile customers who are located in the European Union (“EU”), European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the Channel Islands, or other locations subject to EU data protection law (collectively, “Europe”) are customers of our Wyoming entity, we recognize and, to the extent applicable to us, adhere to relevant EU data protection laws. For purposes of this section, “personal data” has the meaning provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”).Lawful Bases for Processing. We process personal data subject to GDPR on one or more of the following legal bases:
- Legal Obligation: to conduct anti-fraud and to fulfill our retention and other legal obligations;
- Contractual Obligation: to satisfy our obligations to you under our Terms, including to provide you with our Services and customer support services, and to optimize and enhance Rarespot;
- Legitimate Interest: to monitor the usage of Rarespot, conduct automated and manual security checks of our Services, to protect our rights; and
- Consent: to market Rarespot and our Services. You may withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before consent is withdrawn.
- Rights to Access and Rectification. You may submit a request that Rarespot disclose the personal data that we process about you and correct any inaccurate personal data.
- Right to Erasure. You may submit a request that Rarespot delete the personal data that we have about you.
- Right to Restriction of Processing. You have the right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in an electronic format and to transmit that personal data to another data controller.
Collection And Transfer Of Data Outside The EEARarespot operates with many of our systems based in the United States. As a result, we may transfer personal data from Europe to third countries outside of Europe, including the United States, under the following conditions:
- Contractual Obligation. Where transfers are necessary to satisfy our obligation to you under our Terms, including to provide you with our Services and customer support services, and to optimize and enhance Rarespot; and
- Consent: where you have consented to the transfer of your personal data to a third country.
Contact UsIf you have questions or concerns regarding this policy or our processing of your Personal Information, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.